Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Waiting Game

 Day FIVE of waiting for the love of my life... S. is supposedly booked on a flight this evening, but frankly at this point I've completely given up hope of seeing him at all. I figure some new disaster will occur that will prevent him from coming to see me. He had to spend the night in an airport hotel in a strange city last night since he's now stranded in the middle of nowhere and all the flights are overbooked. He was number 18 on the standby list for the flights last night so basically had zero chance whatsoever of getting on a plane. Plus now he's getting sick: he's all snuffly and has a nasty cough. So if he ever gets here, he's just going to be staying in bed while I nurse him until he's well enough to go home.

The stress of waiting and hoping desperately day after day and then having my hopes smashed repeatedly each day has finally gotten to me too, and while I haven't fallen ill, I've spent most of the last two nights sleepless and most of the morning today in tears. I simply don't dare to hope that I might see S. today because if I have my hopes smashed one more time, I'm going to completely lose it. I'm a big mess at the moment. :(  In fact, I think if S. ever does make it, I won't dare wear any makeup because I'm just going to sob in relief if I ever get to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment